Yesterday (Sunday) I woke up late and took the metro to the beach to meet up with my family. Since I was late (about 1:00) they had to leave pretty quickly because it was time to start preparing lunch. But I decided to stay and it ended up being the most relaxing day I've had here so far. It was nice to be able to people watch, of course not too closely...I still can't seem to get over all of the topless people...that minor detail of European life that seems bother no one on the beach but me. I will give it to them though-these ladies must have some seriously good self-esteem to be prancing around at 60+ wearing the same things they wore when they were 20. On to more pleasant images...
The Olympic Village! I walked all around it and saw some of the cool things they built to welcome the foreigners into Barcelona in 1992. It was definitely interesting-everything they design is always for such a large amount of people! Here's a picture from part of it:
Last night we went out for ice cream (before dinner) and ran into a festival just a couple blocks away so we ended up spending a lot of time in the bouncy house and buying fresh cherries from a local farmer. Pretty cool, and not so bad for a late afternoon walk.
Today was much more exciting. I woke up bright and early, hopped on the metro, and made it to class, without a hitch! When I actually guessed the street name correctly I was beaming-I must have looked ridiculous. But it looks like I'm finally finding my sense of direction!
Class was amazing. I'm talking reminded-me-of-learning-spanish-in-Puerto Rico-AMAZING. I have five teachers in all (ha!) and only one person is in my class (aka my level-B1) with me. I'm kind of upset I tested at B1 but that online exam was HARD! Oh well. Hopefully I'll move up quickly :)
So from now on I'll be going to class every Monday through Friday from 9:30-2:00 and I'm so excited! It went by so quickly today, and it's so challenging! I'm realizing I really missed having a schedule and being able to learn something. How lame is that! I also love the fact that I have a workbook again! I can't even remember the last time I had one...Complete with pictures and awkward conversations! Haha. The girls were making fun of me today and saying that now they could be MY teacher....and Ariadna definitely corrected part of my homework!
After class me and my new friend from Germany Anika went to the touristy section (which is right down the street) and went to a restaurant called "TapaTapa" and ate some tapas! Finally! It was quite a challenge figuring out what we'd actually like (she's vegetarian and I'm just plain picky) but I think the beer helped us get through the meal! Afterwards we did a little browsing through some shops and I definitely plan on going back soon. I also know a few people who wouldn't mind me stopping by the FC Barcelona store and maybe buying some merchandise...Haha
Alrighty then! Adios! I need some sleep before another day of class tomorrow!
Update the blog woman!
ReplyDelete