Monday, April 25, 2011

The Big One

It's been awhile since I've written because so much as changed. You'd think a blogger would be happy about having so many things to write about, but for me it just gets overwhelming. With that uplifting start, let me try to explain my thoughts..

I'm writing this to try to document how I feel with four days left in Pensacola. Four whole days. I've turned in my last paper, submitted my last online assignment, and there's enough boxes and stuff spread throughout my room to be considered for the show Hoarders.

My gown, by the way, was too long-I had to go switch it for a shorter one. There's always a first for everything, isn't there? haha.



Back to my point-I feel so calm about it now. I'm not sure if it's the "calm before the storm" feeling or I really am just ready to get a fresh start. I was thinking today and realized that I've never lived in one place for more than 6 years, even though my average is around 4. It's no wonder I've been feeling this itch to leave! Looks like I'm going to be a nomad for a little while longer at least.

Today is "the big one", the presentation to a nonprofit organization in town from our mini PR agency that I'm in charge of. It's a doozy-30 minutes, tons of information, printed books to give them with our plans-the works. I've got my suit laid out and my parts memorized. I've never felt so ready for something in my entire life. That goes for graduation, too.

I think the conclusion I'm trying to make is that although I'm going to miss class, my friends, and my life here in general-I think I'm ready. It's time for a change, and even though I worry about the details of my big girl internship in NYC-I'm okay with being thrown into the fire. It's the exact feeling I felt before I went to Spain. Scared out of my mind, but what the hell, why not. Let's just do it.


Love you Elaina!

As a reminder to myself down the line, here's a list of things I'll miss about Pensacola and Florida in general:
-Football season
-Sweet tea
-Chick-fil-a, Sonny's, Satchel's, Santino's, Ozones, Publix, etc...
-Living near the beach/springs
-Country music

Just for kicks-things I will not miss:
-The back of your leg sticking to the seat on a hot summer day (gag)
-Panhandlers
-Bible yellers on the street corners every Saturday
-Seeing everyone you know the moment you walk outside
-'Bama fans :)

These next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind of change, but with my Harry Potter audiobooks and some sweet playlists from friends I think I'll make it :) As always-it's not "goodbye" it's "see you later!"

No comments:

Post a Comment