Thursday, May 13, 2010

Change is....good?

2 weeks ago..

I’ve realized today that something has changed within me, in what I think may be a good way… Yes, I still love to plan out every little detail of every little thing, but I’m starting to realize that if it doesn’t happen or if I don’t have the time I’m okay with that too. Crazy right?! I feel like the jaws of my childhood friends are probably hitting the ground right about now. There’s examples of why I feel this way, but the important thing to know is: Lindsay, Type-A and always wanting to make, improve, and organize is actually starting to put her feet up and relax every once in awhile.

It’s amazing what a book like Eat, Pray, Love can make you realize. I know I rant about that book-but really, it’s like she wrote about her experiences with being SUPER motivated to warn me that being high-strung and a workaholic is not what’s important in life. Of course everyone nods their head to that statement, but from the Facebook statuses I see about how people seem to be practically dying over having to study or do some homework, it seems we all need a constant reminder.

Speaking of reminders..I need to remember that Spain is only ONE month away, and I have yet to move out of my apartment or even think about packing. I’m starting to cope with the fact that I won’t be able to bring my laptop-let’s face it, folks-I’ve heard more than three stories of people being robbed in Spain while traveling and I just can’t part with my $2,000 baby. It’s just not worth it. Looks like I’ll need to buy a video camera for my foreign family’s computer..That won’t be awkward at all having to explain IN Spanish why I’m so Skype-obsessed…

Until next time-hopefully everyone remembered it was Earth Day and weren’t too wasteful!

No comments:

Post a Comment