Moto (round two) was a success! Xavi took me up to a restaurant called Mirablau and I got to see an amazing view of Barcelona and afterwards we went to the touristy section of Barcelona called Las Ramblas and walked around and I got to see the famous market that's open everyday that sells all sorts of fun goodies as well as some others that are not as fun... such as rabbit and other unknown animals....eeeek. My favorite was the candy section!! None of you readers should be surprised..

Outside of Mirablau on the moto!
So on Friday Ali and Erika arrived! I wasn't sure what exactly I could show them but apparently I know a little more than I thought! I taught them some street-savy tricks to not get robbed as well as some pretty cool places to go in Barcelona like the fountains of Monjuiic, Las Ramblas, Barceloneta (the beach/port), and La Sagrada Familia.
Speaking of La Sagrada Familia...IT WAS TERRIFYING. Just think of a small elevator jammed with 10 people going up a ridiculously old tower in a shaky elevator with air holes and you can then picture me, practically hyperventilating, at the top. It was quite gorgeous, but the combination of a huge fear of heights and a slight case of claustrophobia meant we (Ali and I) didn't last up there more than 10 minutes. Afterwards we plopped our shaky legs across the street at a buffet and spent the next four hours in that place, enjoying "being European"
the towers (obviously incomplete) from a lookout point
AMAZING juice from the market
Last night we saw "Sexo en Nueva York 2" after a hilarious photobooth episode where Ali accidentally chose the format that plastered our faces on the side of a 1950's milk carton. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.
Tonight we went to a good restaurant in La Plaza Real for their last night in Barcelona and afterwards we ran into one of the best gelato places in Barcelona so far-it was simply amazing. Now I know where I'll be stopping by whenever I go near Las Ramblas...
So I'm really enjoying myself here-things are sometimes difficult ...such as: the fact that I've seen the same thief THREE times on the same metro line, and I swear if she doesn't get the picture soon she's going to learn it the hard way! Not that I know what I'm going to do...but I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll cooperate with the police to take her and her friends out of the metro system-because I could pick her face out of a crowd!
Anywho-enough with the ranting. Sorry about the delay in updates but expect some pictures on FB soon-there's a lot of funny stories from this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment