So the trip over was nice and easy for the most part. Went from some tiny model to a 767 pretty quickly-that was a nice jump up! I got pretty anxious when I sat down because there was a man eating a hot (smelly) sandwich who was already trying to swoon the stewardess in front of me and was pretty obnoxious. Then I heard some whining from behind me that really reminded me of one of the Jersey Shore Kids because she was complaining about the headsets... Luckily I was placed in the blessed middle aisle-next to a guy who sort of reminds me of my dad in the shy but still fun way. Him and his family (I learned) own a bridal shop and go out of the country every year to find new lines of dresses to sell at their shop because apparently they're the biggest sellers. Crazy, right? "Hmmm...Let's fly to Barcelona this year to stock up on some inventory". I'm pretty impressed-thier shop is in Dallas and I wish I got the name of the place because now I have an image of Kleinfeld's stuck in my head.
I'm sitting here trying to get some sleep because when we get there it will be morning for them. My sleeping pill did wonders for the first three hours but i think it's time is up. Not to mention the sleep positions for a girl who's 6 foot tall and in the window seat become pretty minimal after a couple of hours.
--After arrival and a long nap---
So the arrival was interesting. My baggage came out almost last, and my driver was a super shy guy my age who literally dropped me off at the door. He pressed a button, said "entresuelo uno!" and was gone. I started laughing out loud at myself when I walked in and banged around in the TINY elevator-complete with door to shut it close manually and all-it was a ridiculous situation. Especially because I pressed "1" on the elevator and it led me to a different level where I tried the key on almost every door until a lady came out and pointed down the stairs. hahaha.
After that I had a minor crisis when I realized my computer was dying and I had no converter and I also hadn't converted any money. But after my glorious four hour nap (I didn't have an alarm clock so I slept longer than planned) I woke up to two girls in perfect Castillian spanish (lisp and all!) offering me their food, chargers, and guidance in exchanging my money. So now I'm sitting here, feeling slightly hungover--I guess this is what jetlag feels like. I have all day today because tomorrow is when orientation starts. I might wander around later today but for now I'm resting and may go tan out on my terrace. So this is it for now-adios!
Ahhhh. the lisps!! my last spanish teacher was from spain, and her lisp kiled me for about 2 weeks.
ReplyDelete