4 days ago...
This is it! Five official days until I leave Pensacola, and 10 before I leave the country. Oh how I am not prepared! I have three days this week to really get my act together.
By the way-my new townhouse is amaaaazing. Emphasis on the “House” part of that word-it’s the first time in three years I’ve lived in a place that’s not completely surrounded by loud college students and that doesn’t have to answer to some crazy management telling you what rules you have to follow. It’s also the first time in my LIFE I’m living with a dog. Yes, that’s right! 21 years old and I finally get to come home to someone that loves me unconditionally even if I’m in a horrible mood. I love it!
Let me just tell you-signing up with an exchange program is a little scary, and pretty morbid at times. I understand most of why I have insurance that helps me in medical situations, but do I really need to have a picture of myself with what I’ll be wearing on the trip there, backpack and all…Can anyone say “Taken”?! Good thing I haven’t seen that movie, and am not planning seeing it either!
I kind of feel like I’m a six year old walking to the corner to catch the school bus for the first time. I’m a pretty big worrier, but really people? I’m not going to leave my Mac or Cannon hanging around in some open-air restaurant. I’ve been to enough sketchy places in my life to know the kinds of things a 6 foot tall blonde in a big city shouldn’t do. Plus, word on the street is that Barcelona is “known for pickpocketing.” Looks like I’m going to have to start perfecting the old money-in-bra trick!
I was driving home today and decided that I wanted to make two more lists to get my thoughts in order for Spain:
Things I WILL miss:
Country/Classic Rock music
Publix! (and being busy in general)
Food that screams “I’m an American” (hot dogs, mac n cheese, etc.)
ENGLISH! (my mind just might explode from two months of solid Spanish)
Gainesville, Pensacola, family/friends, yada yada
Things I WON’T miss:
Awful customers! (many of whom think I’m there solely to slave for them without any thanks needed)
My cell phone
American culture (let’s face it folks, we’re pretty loud/fast-paced/exhausting!)
Driving
Alright that’s all I got. I’m sure I’ll edit that list-it’s awfully short right now. I have a feeling I’ll be watching a lot of my “Favorites” on Youtube to get over the homesickness that will inevitably find me at one point or another while in España
This makes me happy in a super “Gleeky” way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJWkTNtfVKc&playnext_from=TL&videos=2r6W5IK2ybs
No comments:
Post a Comment