I never thought I'd be strong enough to stand up for myself. I regret nothing I've done. Maybe the way I've gone about a couple of things, yes, but I feel like now I can move on as a stronger and more grateful person. As I was losing these people that were close to me and wondering why it was all happening, I slowly started going to church. I'm not a very religious person, but through these past two years I've realized that everything happens for a reason. For me, there's a higher power that's controlling what's happening in my life. I look to Him for my strength and for a sense of peace when I don't understand why things have happened the way they have. I know that someday it will all make sense, but for right now I'm going to rely on church every Sunday to help get me through.
Of course, there are some people that have stuck with me through it all. I am forever grateful for them for the friendship they've given me. People always say "I don't know what I'd do without you!" and when I say that I'm being completely serious. I couldn't imagine the last couple of years without these people to rely on when things went wrong. So, thanks (X a million). Everyone always said the real world was tough, but I think after these bumps together we're fully prepared :)
Steph

"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26
Elaina

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea."
- Psalm 46:1-2
Meggaroo

"Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shall drink it with pleasure."
- Sirach 9:10
Cortney
this was so good!! I totally agree on your stance and if you want company I will definitely come to church with you. I always feel better. I talk to Him all the time anyways because I know He's listening. There are two things I've learned in the past two years that maybe you'll like...1. People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one you'll know what to do. 2. God never unanswers a prayer. Sometimes not responding to your prayer, per say, is the answer. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete