Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Insomnia Kills

Well, not really. That's just what it feels like.

Never in my life have I had issues sleeping until this semester. Finally single, exercising weekly, eating healthier (ish), working way less in the retail world and way more in the school world. Everything should feel so easy and balanced! And yet it doesn't. Is this what life is? Periods of high stress with lots of problems and then periods like this, where I don't know what to do with myself?

I should start reading, but I can't seem to make the time. I should be doing homework more and procrastinating less, but that isn't happening either. It's funny when you have all the time in the world you don't tend to do the things that you said you'd always do. Or at least that's the case with me.

I tend to spend more time reflecting and finding those "hindsight is 20/20" moments with what I should've/could've done last year. I guess that goes hand in hand with an awful breakup, but still. I am accomplishing one thing that I didn't last year though: Socialization! Not that I was some sort of unsocialized freak, but I feel so much more connected now than I ever have. Let me spread the love. (Notice the ADD in my insomniatic (<--not a word) state)

Amazing sites to read/feel connected/actually learn something:

-MatadorNetwork.com
-Mashable.com
-BBC.com (no more biased American news! Yay!)

Okay so that's all I've got. But if I were you I'd also check out Tumblr and Glassdoor.com. Tumblr is just fun to look through all the photos/quotes of the day and really just have your eyes opened with new photos (it's more of a nighttime put-me-in-a-good-mood type deal). Glassdoor.com I actually learned about today, and fell in love. It gives you rankings of employers from the employee's perspective. Great idea right? Yep. That's what spurred my internship application marathon tonight.

Just tonight I've applied to about five more internships. I get back from my 4 hour long class after trudging in the rain and decide to scour the internet all night and find myself writing cover letters while trying to swoon people into thinking I'm the bees knees.

Oh the ways I confuse myself...

I'm already regretting this rant because of my ridiculous new problem (ADD), but I'm posting it anyway because if it's to be a true blog about my thoughts, than this is the randomness I'm coming up with and making you read. And with that I'll say goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment