Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Something you wouldn't guess

My Resolution: To eat better, and exercise more. Sounds like the normal resolution, but it's not. Mine's going to stick because I'm telling myself I don't have a choice.

Dementia runs in my family. My great grandma got it in her 80s, my grandma in her 70s, and I'm scared to death for when it's my turn. I know I'm already forgetful sometimes and it's one of those things that's really hard for me to talk about without getting upset. I was talking with Adrienne (my sister) over the break and we realized that the only way we can really decrease our chances of getting dementia (or of slowing it at least) is to eat very healthy and be as active as possible. I slacked off last semester, but I refuse to do it this semester. It's about my health now.

Here's something that still makes me smile about her. She absolutely LOVES music, and we tried to get her to do Just Dance for the Wii..it obviously didn't work, but hey, it made for a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wwQq-u6Fc

No comments:

Post a Comment