Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conflicts of Interest




So things have reached a pretty grey area in my internship search. I have a chance to go to NYC and live with my grandparents but I'd have to wait until March to solidify any solid plans because it's not a solid "yes" or "no" until they're allowed to start hiring summer interns.

On the other hand, I heard back from the Alzheimer's Association today (what timing). There I'd be spreading the word about the warning signs of dementia, a disease that's plagued my family for two generations already. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to NYC was to live with my grandma so that she'd start to remember who I am again (she hasn't in two Christmases). So I'm either living with her or really spreading the word about the cause. The funny thing is that the Alzheimer's Association is located in Fairfax, VA, my hometown! What are the odds, right? Working for a non profit I'm really passionate about, in my hometown. Wow.

Either way, I may have found something I'm passionate about. We'll see what happens. My interests in where to go/what to do tend to change, but it's funny how everything is slowly coming together. I find myself forgetting who I've emailed at this point...so it's like Christmas every time a company actually writes me back with some good news!

I'm sure I'll be reading this and thinking something completely different in a couple of months. I just can't wait to see where I end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment