Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Challenge Gives Me Hives

I'm tired of writing for the blog challenge! Hmph. I'm taking a break and writing down some things I'm grateful for. Copying Meg, I'll try to write 7 every week. I was thinking about it on the drive home from a movie tonight, and I really need to remember what I'm grateful for more often. Here goes.

1. songs/movies that bring out emotion in you
(only 2 movies that have made me cry to date: The Notebook and Country Song)

2. people that would do anything for you (I've got a couple, they're priceless)

3. my job (37 hours this week, I may complain sometimes but at the end of the week it's nice to have money and good people to work with)

4. confidence! (took me 22 years of not having it or awkwardly faking it, but I think I've finally started talking positively about my goals. Woo!)

5. Self-Help/Happy books (they may be awkward to buy, but some have some great wisdom-ahem- "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin and Operation Beautiful)

6. my parents' "weird" ways (their love of the earth/energy saving/helping people may put me at $20,000 a year working at a non profit someday, but it's probably going to be the best job ever. I'm already excited about it!)

7. my health! (simple but true. I started my resolution this week-I've worked out 3 times and have slowly started to eat better. Small changes make a big difference! Hellloooo 2011!)

1 comment:

  1. haha aww you're precious Lindsay! Country Strong made me cry too!! So good and I just downloaded some of the soundtrack...even better!!

    ReplyDelete