I've never been too excited about Halloween. When I was little I just found it awkward and kind of boring. I knew while I was walking around my mom had a stash hiding in my house for other kids (who would do such a thing?!). Now that I've been in college it always just seems to be the more risque costumes-the bumblebee, the firefighter, the schoolgirl....I did it one year but I've decided that at my old age of 22 (heh) I should transition into the more creative costumes...
So, for the first time ever, I actually decided to get into the "Halloween spirit". I dressed up for work TWO 8 hour shifts in a row. It was mainly an excuse to wear jeans, but hey, I enjoyed myself too. It was pretty fun to be asked "Do you work here?" because normally we stick out like sore thumbs. I must've looked really unapproachable in my jeans and side ponytail on Sunday as a nerd! Ha.

The night before Halloween my friend Elaina and I went out to Seville and people watched. No one needs dancing or drinks when there's Chilean miners and Smurfs walking around the building!!! The only downfall of the night was that no one understood our costumes. I now understand why girls choose obvious costumes. The people we ran into had serious issues figuring out that we were Betty & Veronica from the Archie comics. Most people said "I don't read very much" or "I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed". The Archie Comics have been out for over 60 years! All you would have needed to do is go to a grocery store and look UP in the check out lane!! C'mon people! Anyways-for all of you who know the look we were trying to go for...Here's us and the hulk!

So I just realized I still need to name this blog! Does anyone have an idea of what it should be?! Let me know if you do! I'm strugglin' keeping this thing updated let alone being creative with a name.
That's all for now. I'll write more when I don't have an urge to crawl into bed and listen to the rain outside :)
definitely a great night..I'd say a halloWIN!! yes...I just did that
ReplyDelete