Sunday, November 21, 2010

G-ville

So my miserable day Tuesday turned into sickness and I was out for a couple of days. No one feels like writing when they're sick so here I am, almost fully recovered, ready to write. I'm not doing movies because I'm just not a huge movie fan and it'd be boring. I did recently see the new Harry Potter and The Little Mermaid though, CLASSICS! I wonder if I'll ever grow out of movies that are meant for kids. I'm going to say no..

Okay so since this was once a blog of my travels in Spain I'm not going to re-post pictures, that's just silly. Instead, I'm going to showcase my hometown! Yaaay. Get excited!

So Gainesville is known for the Gators but there's a lot of things that are appealing about Gainesville besides the obvious :)

Besides having a HUGE sink hole, sweet bat house, Paynes Prairie, and tons of trails, right outside of Gainesville you can find these sweet little towns. It kind of reminds me of Spain. Not in the obvious ways, but just like Spain there's all of these little places with antique stores and small shops that only a few people know about. You can drive as slow or as fast as you want, and it's the best way to spend a Saturday with some friends. My favorite place to go, as many of you know, is "the springs!" Most of the time "the springs" refers to Blue Springs, which is one of my favorites. But you better believe the other ones are just as great! This summer we traveled to Manatee Springs. It was quite the family event! 78 degree water year round and clear blue. Mmmmm. You can't beat it.




Another big hit on the "things to do in Gainesville" list is the Itchetucknee Springs. It's something you just can't skip if you know a local. It's what everyone does on their weekends during the summer, and just like the springs, it's great to just relax with some friends in that same chilly water. So after I got back from Spain I was clearly needing some Itch lovin'. And of course I got a little greedy and threw Elaina in there too :)

that 78 degrees gets all the newbies. haha


1 comment:

  1. HAHAH. thanks linds the one pic where I'm like "AHHH COOOLLLDDD...oh now I gotta smile..awesome" I hope you've checked on mine you've been mentioned!

    ReplyDelete