Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oops! Day 4: Los Padres

I'm really horrible at updating on the weekends. Work sucks the energy out of me that by the time I get home there's no room for creativity. I'm skipping day 3 (for semi-obvious reasons to some of you) and going on to day 4: The Parents! Or as I like to call them, "the parentals"

I cannot say enough about them. Literally. I find myself out at a bar talking to someone I just met and making references to how cool my parents are. You just can't beat parents who have a SWEET trailer, two kayaks, two awesome bikes, and a days worth of stories about their adventures all over Florida. Oh, and the fact that they've ALWAYS been there for me, constantly giving me responsibility to make me the person I am today. I really have no worries about the future because of them because I know that if I've made it this far I can do whatever I put my mind too. Cheesy! But I can't word it any other way.




It was sometimes rough in high school, what with my dad traveling all the time and my mom working full time. But after I graduated and left the nest they've seemed to really rev things up. Tons of upgrades, new gadgets, and a whole great outlook on life in general. Not to mention they travel more than anyone I know!

And yet despite all their new gadgets and traveling they stay completely down to earth. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten home with a piece of furniture or some clothes missing, only to find out my mom donated it to someone at her work or the guys that replaced our carpet. I'm pretty sure if my parents could live in a smaller house they would (*they can't because I told them they'd have to burn it down first!). They're also always donating to charities and giving back. I'm pretty sure I started volunteering in elementary school. I remember pulling water lettuce out of the Santa Fe River in mud up to my hips. My mom had a HUGE spider on her back and she just casually brushed it off. I swear, the dedication out of those two never fails to amaze me.

always being outdoorsy



Many of you probably notice I call them "tree huggers" a lot. That's because they're very mindful of their carbon footprint and always seem to be very aware of where you can save energy, from the air conditioning in our house to the ways they water their plants. It's definitely something to look up to and want to model.

It's always the little things that are the most important to me when it comes to my parents. Like the fact that my dad will NEVER stop trying to make shapes or faces with his food. Haha. I've learned from the best:



I could seriously write a few more blogs about just adventures with them, and I might someday soon, but I've already stayed up way too late and I know they'd be telling me to just "go to bed already!" Until tomorrow-

3 comments:

  1. 1. pretty funny you just "skipped" blog 3 and 2. your dads face game is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. challenge fail! haha JK. its TOTALLY ok to skip over things or rework them. Not everything is meant to be online. Not everything is everyone else's business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I just couldn't get past the normal boundaries of "first love" and do something like you did, Meg. It just wasn't happening for me last night. Hopefully tonight after work I'll be feeling more up to blog #4, because the parents one was mediocre. P.S. love the way you worded that meg :) always making me feel better

    ReplyDelete