Hello world! My name's Lindsay, I graduate in May 2011 from UWF and will hopefully be doing an internship next summer and then the world is at my fingertips! It's terrifying, but I've survived this far I'm pretty sure I can get myself a job in this ridiculous economy. But enough with the boring facts! Time for the ones you may not have known:
1. I'm really big on texture. 99% of the time I don't like something, it's because of the texture. (examples: mangos, fish, sushi, etc...)
2. I'm slightly OCD. If my room's a wreck I normally can't do anything productive unless it's clean. You may think that's a good impulse to have, but when it means scrubbing the bathroom instead of doing homework that's due in an hour it gets a little out of hand.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with politics. My parents want me interested, which I am because I read the news at least once a day (from many different sources), but at the same time I get SUPER frustrated with America's politics (how everyone who doesn't vote seems to complain, how attack ads are still used, etc.)
4. I used to HATE rollercoasters up until this summer when I was living in Spain. I went to a park with my friend who didn't know English, and couldn't think of a good enough excuse not to go. I realized that I was just scared all along. The secret: Scream as loud as possible and all the stomach dropping will go away ;)
5. The glasses situation: I wanted glasses when I was little so I convinced the doctor I needed some (I had an astigmatism but it wasn't bad at all). I never really wore them in middle and high school and then suddenly this year I need them and I need them BAD. Like I find myself with my face 3-inches-from-the-paper bad. And now it seems like more of a burden to wear them then before. Karma's a beast!
6. I didn't get my license until almost my 17th birthday because I knew I would be driving my mom's van and I'd be asked to get groceries every weekend...It didn't seem worth it at the time!
7. I've never gotten a speeding ticket, had a cavity, or smoked.
8. I'm completely allergic to anything you can think of seasonal-wise: pollen, mold, trees, grasses, etc. I asked the doctor when I'd be safe from allergies and was told I had an allergy for every season. Yayyyyy....
9. I'll probably end up doing something involved with "going green". Over the years my parents have become really into tracking their carbon footprint, and they've rubbed off on me. I flinch every time I have to throw away something that can be recycled.
10. I can't draw to save my life. Not long ago I looked at a picture I drew in 1st grade and realized I draw the exact same way. It's sad, but I've accepted it. That's what Adobe's for! :)
11. I love shoes! And one of the main reasons I'm glad I'm so tall is because I love high heels. I have about 3 pair that I wear maybe once a year but I love everything about them.
12. I've only seen one LOTR movie and have never seen any Star Wars movies.
13. I'm probably one of the few people out there who loathe Twilight. The main reason is because I appreciate good writing, and I'm convinced the author got lucky with some tweens who apparently had hidden loves for vampires.
14. I'm also one of the only girls I know that doesn't crave chocolate. I'm a Starbursts & Skittles kind of girl. Trying to win me over with chocolate just won't work (don't try roses, either; try lilies)
15. I was SHY! A few of you may have remembered the time when I was still shy. I only became outspoken after I graduated highschool. Before then I was quiet as a mouse. I even didn't start talking until I was 3!
Oh, and here's a recent photo of me (and Cortney) from The Fish House.
No comments:
Post a Comment