So I'm the 2nd, the baby, yada yada. But Adrienne, now 25, used to act like the youngest. If you're watching our home videos (the collection that my dad has burned onto DVDs) you'll notice that Adrienne was always out in front, and I was somewhere off rambling to myself or stuffing my face with food. Somehow throughout childhood we switched roles. She went from the "Mommy look at my dance! Look at this! Watch!" to the relaxed one in the background, silently laughing at everyone's jokes, and I went to the in-your-face and always-made-fun-of one. It's like they expect it from me nowadays! Sheesh. I think there was a point, I'd say early high school years, when I realized that it was never going to end so I just embraced it. I'm just too goofy and off the wall to not be considered entertainment. It's all worth it for laughs.
Anyway, back to Adrienne. She's the real deal. From chasing me around and scaring the beejezus out of me when we were little to being the oober-perfectionist and super G-rated married woman (eek!) she is today, she's an amazing person. Hey, anyone who can stand my mom and I together is an awesome person! Haha. She's the complete opposite of me and even though we have our similarities the opposites are what make it fun. She's my dad, and I'm my mom. And in true "dad" fashion, she is always obsessed with making faces out of anything. It's amazing how easily entertained the Prestemon family is!
Age's find in the airport

NYC a few years ago

baby Adrienne. Her competitiveness can be seen at an early age...

Me taking the pictures and her doing the work the morning of her wedding

So as we all know Adrienne (aka Age) is sibling #1. What some people don't know, however, is that there's more! Yes, yes! And she's VERY Important! The prettiest one of us all, miss Amanda Prestemon.

The best person to remember birthdays, anniversaries, random memories and FB drama (ha!). She's also the best doodler you'll ever meet. And since I can't doodle/write correctly/draw in general, I really appreciate seeing prettiness on every single card I've ever received. She goes all out for birthdays (my favorite) and is super hip with what's going on today. Her laugh is CONTAGIOUS. Seriously, I'll be in the other room and will hear her laughing from one of my dad's stories and am forced to smile. She's seriously the most lovable person you'll ever meet. Another great Prestemon gene! :0)
Age and Amanda before I existed

See you tomorrow for "a picture that makes you happy" day!
SO proud to be your sister! I never knew how fabulous I was. I love you & Adrienne more than I could have ever imagined. Blessed to have you both in my life <3
ReplyDeleteUm SO TRUE! Amanda is hysterical! And we all know I love Age! :)
ReplyDelete