"And maybe this happy ending doesn’t include a wonderful guy.
Maybe it’s you on your own picking up the pieces and starting over.
Maybe the happy ending is just moving on."
-He's Just Not That Into You

Anywho-the point I'm making is, no matter how much disappointment I've felt from all my mistakes and failures it only made me stronger. Silver lining people! I mean, I'm a Public Relations major for one thing, and at the beginning of my freshmen year I would've paid anything to get out of a presentation. And now I'm channeling all my extra energy on other things (like running-another thing I wouldn't be caught dead doing for fun 4 years ago).
Side Story: I read an article on CNN about a year and a half ago about "Relationship Rules." One of the main points the author kept stressing was that you cannot be friends with an ex. At the time I completely disagreed and thought she was being a bit cynical. How could I ever do that? It seemed unfathomable. And now I'm in it. It's not that bad, especially since my inevitable move away from Pensacola is right around the corner.
To add to the bright side of this situation, I'm finally focusing on myself and making sure my best friends are happy with their lives too. And of course getting ready to put those big girl pants on in May. Gulp!
"There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go."
If all of that doesn't make you feel a little better about the confusion of college life/mid life/adult life then listen to some Michael Franti. He cures all. My recommendations: "Just The Way You Are" and "Sound of Sunshine" but just about all of them are good.
No comments:
Post a Comment