I'm leaning more and more towards just living with my sister in North Carolina and working at the start-up publishing company she's working for. So to ease my confusion in my internship application haze, I shall make two lists. One for North Carolina, and the other for why I should just shut up and keep applying to internships at 1:00am in the morning..
Pros of North Carolina internship:
-living/working with Adrienne (sister) while her husband's in Afghanistan
-learning Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign with her awesome iMac
-living near the beach
-learning photography (i'd finally have time!!)
-maaaybe still working for Publix and not being completely dirt poor?
Pros of NOT living in North Carolina:
-does anyone hire someone who has interned in Wilmington, NC?...
-NYC, D.C.=amazing places, and I wouldn't have to own a car
-that "independence" thing
-learning more about what industry i'd like by being thrown into it
Wilmington skyline

NYC skyline

alright that's all I've got..maybe this will help me out a little....What do YOU think I should do?..
Well, as someone who currently live in (and loves) NYC, I am obviously a bit biased... but I think you shouldn't cut off any options now. While living with your sister and that job does sound like a pretty sweet gig, there could be something even better out there that you aren't even considering yet!
ReplyDeleteSpending time with a sibling is a nice thing though - I know my sister and I haven't really had an opportunity to live together without my parents, which would have been cool. But living in NYC is pretty cool too.... I say keep searching, and you know you have an option if nothing better comes up!
Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm doing until I officially lose my mind from sending our applications and writing cover letters!
ReplyDelete