This weekend I finally caved and took a bus tour even though it was a little late. There were three bus routes and out of the three I had only not seen about 5 of the sites, but it was still nice to see everything from above ground instead of having to deal with the metro. The highlight of the day was definitely our visit to Camp Nou! I learned its so much more than a club, it's seriously a religion here. Barcelona's culture has truly been shaped throughout the years from this team's success.
Mariana and I at the only ice bar on a beach in the world! By the end of the allowed 45 minutes I couldn't feel my fingers or toes...But it was totally worth it!

Sunday I wasn't feeling too well but we had plans to go to the beach so I pulled myself together and hopped on yet another train for an hour up the coast. We ended up at a lovely beach town called St. Pol de Mar, which is not a nude beach but parts are. And of course, being the clueless tourists we are, we chose a spot near the rocks which we later realized was reserved for the nudeys. It was definitely entertaining-there are some inappropriate stories from that situation-but all in all it was a good day. Mariana twisted my arm and I finally swam in the ocean and I'm glad I did-it was beautiful.
St. Pol de Mar
Plans are finally starting to fall into place! I got confirmation today that I can stay with a friend at his house on La Costa Brava for my last 5 days in Spain-which I'm really excited about! I've heard its beautiful and the fact that I'll be spending time with another wonderful family is really exciting. It'll be a perfect end to my trip.
Well, today marks my 2 months in Spain which means I only have 17 days left! Time to start buying gifts and figuring out how I can get my bag down to 50 pounds again! Love and miss you all---
No comments:
Post a Comment