Saturday, July 24, 2010

12 Days Left!

So for the last few days since I last wrote I've just been enjoying my days with the girls and spending most of my time in Castelldefels or resting. My sickness started Sunday and it's still putting up a big fight! I feel like I'm somewhat in denial that I may have the flu or something requires prescriptions, but I'm going to wait it out for a little while longer.

In the meantime, I couldn't pass up a chance to go kayaking yesterday!! It was so nice to get back on the water-I always forget how much I love kayaking! And just like my swimming lessons, I really think I could teach kayaking too..The girls had a lot more stamina than I expected, and we went to the end and back, which was pretty difficult against the wind because it was about to rain. It was awesome because by the end they were willingly yelling "right, left!" and were pretty proud of themselves.

In order: Me, Laia, Ariadna



I only lasted about three hours in the touristy area shopping for gifts today. It's nice to be treated with respect and spoken to in English, but most of the shop owners are foreigners and they tend to be overly-friendly, which gets extremely suffocating after awhile. It's definitely a beautiful day though and I enjoyed walking around seeing the new street performers with fake World Cups that you can hold and take a photo with. It's pretty interesting to see how things have changed in Las Ramblas over these three months and then some things that will always be the same. There's always going to be a market-type area, a garden area, and then an animal area. Yes-on the most touristy avenue in Barcelona you can buy a pet bird! It's so strange, I still don't understand the appeal. But overall it was a nice afternoon, and now I'm just resting up for Laia's birthday party tonight. I'll be surrounded by about 20 of their closest family and friends in a 2 bedroom apartment. I'll definitely need some energy!

I only have five days left of teaching the girls! It's amazing how time flies! I always feel like the summers go by way faster than any other season. I don't really have too much to see but I'm officially going to Llorca on La Costa Brava for my last four days. I'm really looking forward to lounging by the beach and really relaxing. Next time will probably be my last post before I leave! Hope all is well-

No comments:

Post a Comment