With all this going on it's time to remember what I'm thankful for after everything has finally fallen into place!
1. Support from my family and friends. I can't be grateful enough for all of the people who have not only stuck by me, but pushed me through these last four years. If it wasn't for my mom nagging me to call the girl in NYC again I wouldn't be working for this great company!
I need at least a couple more DC/NYC family trips before I'm ready to have separate vacations (gulp!)
2. Pensacola. I loathe being in the Bible belt with the preaching that occurs every Saturday on the street corners. I loathe the regular panhandlers on University Pkwy and Davis Hwy. However, I know I'll miss the beach, UWF, and just a couple of amazing people :) Not to mention my lovely Publix!
Can I mention I also (already) miss the bickering/banter between Elaina and Thanh?
3. My health (and my family's health!). Although this summer may be a struggle for me emotionally because of my grandma's dementia, I'm grateful she's here with us. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can pull a "Notebook" moment with her. Studies have been done where participants listen to music of their youth and can remember events...I'm hoping to do that this summer!

My dad-the healthiest person I know!
4. Elaina Marie. I just realized I've already paid tribute to my friends and family. Meh, she's a mixture of both. A hybrid, if you will. And for that, she gets a special shout out. She wrote an entire blog post about me and made me cry like a baby reading it. I know she's probably drowned people with stories from the last four years together and I just can't think of my life without her. Yes, we're dating. Haha. No, but really-she tells me exactly how it is and helps me remember funny things that happened YEARS ago with her awesome elephant memory. I'll forever be grateful for every moment she's captured as she makes us pose for pictures and her seriously unwavering support for my

Circa March 2008: Don't let those mean mugs and baby faces fool you. We're two tough cookies now!
This is shallow, but...
5. Google's awesome feature that when I write the word "attached" or "attachment" and hit send, it stops me if I don't have a document attached. I'm pretty sure that alone has saved me from some serious embarrassment!
No comments:
Post a Comment