Thursday, September 16, 2010

So Soon?

I didn't think I'd feel the urge to update so soon after the last post. I figured I'd have nothing to say-but it's been quite the opposite! Quite the splendid surprise!

This last week and a half have been a whirlwind. I'm used to school, and the awful parking situations on campus, and the balancing of my classes and Publix. But this kind of whirlwind doesn't arrive until you're a senior in college. It's the type that throws opportunities at you at 120 mph and expects you to grab at whichever ones you want. The problem comes when you still aren't sure of which ones to grab and by the time you decide, they might be taken by someone else! Hence the pressure of figuring out what to do NOW.

My volunteer job at the Public Information Office is going really well-I don't know anyone who doesn't dread going to work 8-5 on a Friday, so I can't say I hop up out of bed every Friday and sing all the way to work. The good thing, though, is that I don't mind it once I'm there. I also just got the student liaison assistant position for the FPRA (Florida Public Relations Association), where I'll be in charge of getting people to join FPRA and go to the meetings. Should be a great opportunity!

So when I first got back to Pensacola I was lucky enough to learn how to drive a stick shift. One of my goals to be more independent is to become more well-rounded. I'd like to be able to do most things myself. Next order of business: Learn car parts.

Story: When I was a freshman in highschool I was approved to skip Spanish 1 and 2 and was put into 3 because of living in Puerto Rico. One day we had a quiz on car parts, and there was a drawing of a car with arrows pointing to certain parts. At that point I could probably name off every part of the car and explain to you how to drive it in spanish, but I FAILED the quiz because I had (and still have) NO clue which part goes where. I don't even want to get started on the functions... or my pathetic attempt at explaining types of cars...Let's just say I probably get scammed every time I go to Tuffy, and probably have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about some "sweet" car you just saw. I've pretty much mastered the "Oh, yeah, that's a nice car". Kind of like the fact that I can't remember movie quotes to save my life, and I just laugh when people say them even though I have no idea what you're really referring to. le sigh.

Interesting sidenote-I'm still not missing Spain the way I thought I would, but there are definitely days when I imagine myself wondering the streets in Barcelona, watching everyone run by me and me just taking it all in...Ahhh...Gotta love coming home to these faces:





Anyway, hope everyone is doing well-toughing out the new semester and/or surviving work. Less than two weeks until my 22nd! What shall I do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment